- Summer Reading
Summer Reading Brochure (pdf)
- We're Going On A Bear Hunt StoryWalk Photos
As families walked around the park they read the story “We’re Going On a Bear Hunt” by Michael Rosen and illustrated by Helen Oxenbury. Once they completed their “bear hunt” they enjoyed coloring hats and telescopes to use on their next adventure.
- Online Catalog and Resources
- Curbside Service
Thomas Lee Hall Library Open for Curbside Service at 4679 Lee Road
Instructions for Patrons
- Patrons will need to place requests through our online catalog (http://mwrlibrary.armybiznet.com/search~S30) with their online accounts. Requests are limited to 20 items per day. Requests placed before midnight will be available for pick-up the next day.
Tips to Remember
- Arrive no later than 15 minutes prior to closing.
- All returns should be placed in the blue return bins. All materials will require a 72 hour quarantine prior to being checked-in off of your account.
- Virtual Story Time
Live Facebook event, every Tuesday at 1 p.m., featuring an opening song, a picture book story read aloud with pictures shown on the screen, a theme song or action rhyme, and a closing song. https://www.facebook.com/fortjacksonlibrary
For more information please call Thomas Lee Hall (Post) Library at +1 (803)751-5589.
- We Have Variety
Thomas Lee Hall Library has a wide variety of popular:
- Fiction/Non-Fiction Books
- Audio Books
- PS4, XBOX1, SWITCH Video Games
- DVDs & Blu-rays
- Computer lab
- Free Wi-Fi
- Copy machine
- 4 Study Rooms
- Ample group work areas
Meeting room (by reservation only) *
* An application must be filled out in person or online and then emailed to the director at email@example.com. Filling out the application does not guarantee a reservation. A library staff member will contact you if your application is approved and dates are available. Please take time to review the meeting room policies.
- 24/7 searchable electronic databases
- eBooks, eAudiobooks
- Scholarly Journals
- Mango Languages
- Frequently Asked Questions
For further information, please read our Post Library Brochure!
Where is the Library?
The Library is located in Bldg 4679 on the corner of Lee Road and Strom Thurmond Blvd. For additional directions or information, you may phone the Library at +1 (803)751-5589.
What are the Library Hours?
The Library is open 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., Monday – Thursday and 12 - 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday. Closed on Sundays and Federal holidays.
Who may borrow Library Materials?
Full borrowing privileges are available for the following groups and their immediate family members: Active duty military personnel assigned to Fort Jackson, members of the Reserve and National Guard, retired military personnel, and Fort Jackson civilian employees. (A valid military identification card must be presented.)
Limited borrowing privileges are available for transient and temporary duty personnel. (A valid military identification card and TDY orders must be presented.)
How long can I check out materials?
Books and audio books loan for 21 days. DVD's and video games loan for 7 days. All materials can be granted 2 renewals as long as the item is not on hold for another customer.
Who may use the Library’s computer lab?
In order to use the computer lab visitors must present a current military identification card and sign in at the Library’s Front Desk. Computer users must be at least 13 years old unless a parent or sponsor has already created a computer account for the child. There is a 30 minute time limit when others are waiting. (Note: the Computer Lab closes 15 minutes prior to the closing of the library.)
Can I leave my children alone at the library; can I drop them off and pick them up later?
Children without ID must be accompanied by their parent or sponsor at all times.
Does the Library provide a FAX service to the public?
No, but on post FAX services are available in the customer service area in the Main PX.
- The History of Fort Jackson Collection
Click on Fort Jackson Collection link for photos of the library on Fort Jackson.
Thomas Lee Hall Library
Thomas Lee Hall Library (FMWR)