Model Car Club
A Model Building Competition
Pick up your model and decal set at the Auto Craft Shop. Completed models will be judged at Cars & Coffee. Completed models must be turned in to the Auto Craft Shop three (3) days prior. Open to ages 8 and older. Enter by age group: Ages 8-12; Ages 13-18; 19 and older.
- Models and Decals for this completion are $12 each
- Individual signing out a model car must commit to completing the model. If individual decides to not complete the model, then that individual must return decals to the Ft Jackson Auto Craft Shop.
- Once you've entered into the competition and have completed the model, you must notify the Auto Craft Shop +1 (803)751-5755, with your name, NLT three days prior to the scheduled Cars and Coffee event.
- The competition is broken into three age groups: (8-12), (13-18), (20 and older). Which means adults can build in this competition! Individuals can come by the Auto Craft Shop during the following times to sign out a model for the competition: Thursday/Friday (1-5 pm), Saturday/Sunday (9 am-3 pm).
- The Auto Craft Shop will stay in touch with each person who signed up to check on your progress, to ensure that you will be ready to enter the competition and keep you posted.
- Once the competitor has received their model to build, they will receive a set of decals to be placed on the vehicle for the Auto Skills competition. The decals must be on the vehicle. They can be arranged in any format on the vehicle that you wish, there will not be any guidelines for the placement of the decals.
- The competitor can paint the model any color they wish, this competition is about you and what you can design.
- The model that the individual will receive is random, the models are numbered. The competitor will draw a number from a box and that number will reflect on which model they receive to build.
- The model kits will not be supplied with glue/cement, paint. The competitor only receives the model with instructions on building and a set of decals. Then it's up to your imagination!!
- Model details: This is a competition to see who can build the best model. So you can modify the model anyway you choose, or simply build it the way the instructions supplied with the model kit. Use your imagination in this competition.
- Modifying means, you can use multiple paints, add color to the wheel lettering, detail with wiring, or anything that the competitor wishes to accent their build and make it the best. (I.E. most models come with a plastic net for the drivers window. If you want to make a real net out of something else, you may do so to enhance the effect of the model).
- Good Luck and we are so looking forward to seeing what you bring to the competition.
$12 per person, includes model and decals.
Register at the Auto Craft Shop
ProgramAuto Craft Shop
Auto Craft Shop (FMWR)
Hours:MondayClosedTuesdayClosedWednesdayClosedThursday11:00am-7:00pmFriday11:00am-7:00pmSaturday8:00am-4:00pmSunday8:00am-4:00pmTraining Holidays8:00am-4:00pmFederal HolidaysClosed