Going Fishing? Marion Street Station carries Nightcrawlers and Red worms! We also have a great selection of outdoor supplies ranging from ratchet straps to towing accessories.
- Check-out/Rental Equipment
Equipment Price List (pdf)
Looking to get out on the lake but not sure if you want to spend your hard earned dollars on purchasing a boat, upkeep and storage. You should try before you buy by taking out one of our boats. We carry pontoon boats, bass boats, john boats, canoes, and kayaks of all shapes and sizes. Anyone renting a large boat must have proof of a boater education course of some type. If you do not have a boater card, you can take a U.S. Coast Guard approved course online
(http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/default.htm?WT.mc_id=400082) to receive a certificate to meet this requirement.
We also have camping equipment to get you started. Come pick-up one of our pull behind campers or just rent one of our tents, stoves, or lanterns. Looking to tailgate or do a BBQ? Get one of our trailer grills, we can throw a rotisserie in if you want to have a pig pickin’. Then grab a canopy and some tables and chairs from us, so your guests can feel comfortable as they eat. Follow the link above to check our price list for all of our items and rates
- Alpine Lodge & Picnic Shelters
Alpine Lodge Price List (pdf)
Marion Street Station takes reservations for the use of Alpine Lodge at Heise Pond and the picnic shelters at Oyster Point, Twin Lakes and Heise Pond. The Lodge is a large A-frame chalet big enough to house small get togethers like wedding receptions, retirement parties, unit functions, and even small family reunions. To check available dates and prices, please give us a call.
- Fort Jackson Family and MWR Cycling Membership
Steps for a nonaffiliated individual to gain access to cycle on Fort Jackson:
1.Go to the FJ FMWR WebTrac webpage or enter this site: https://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/webtrac103/wbwsc/Jacksonrectrac.wsc/wbsplash.html?wbp=1
2. Once redirected to the Fort Jackson FMWR WebTrac webpage the user will click on the “Non-Affiliated Cycling Membership on Fort Jackson” Icon. It is very important that all Non-Affiliated cyclists do not register, but continue as a guest throughout the checkout process. To add the selected item to your shopping cart scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the shopping cart icon to the right of the price. This will add “Non-Affiliated Cycling Membership on Fort Jackson” to your shopping cart. Once it has been added to your shopping cart simply fill out your billing and payment information and print your receipt for proof of payment.
3. Individuals/cyclist will then go Gate 2 (main gate on Forrest Drive) with proof of purchase and ask to go to the Visitor Control Center. Once at the Visitor Control Center the Non-Affiliated cycler will request a temporary pass to Marion Street Station which is located at 4522 Marion Ave.
4. At Marion Street Station staff will assist cyclist with completing the required paperwork to request a background check for a DBIDS card/post access.
5. The individual/cyclist will take all forms to the Visitor Control Center to request the background check be completed. Fort Jackson Physical Security will confirm that the individual is on the Cycling Membership Roster and begin the check with Family and MWR as the sponsor. Pending a favorable background check, a DBIDS card or pass will issued to the individual/cyclist.
1. DBIDS credentials are needed to gain access to Fort Jackson, and is required to be on the cyclist’s person at all times.
2. Membership dues are $15 per year per person. Membership is due annually.
3. All funds are deposited into FMWR to enhance the quality of life programs on Fort Jackson.
Bicycle Safety Rules
All personnel, regardless of affiliation, while operating or riding on a bicycle within the boundaries of the Installation will:
(a) Wear an approved (i.e., American National Standards Institute, ANSI or Snell Memorial foundation) bicycle helmet.
(b) Wear a reflective device, such as a wristband, belt, sash, or vest.
(c) During hours of limited visibility, be equipped with a white light visible to 500 feet to the front and a red reflector visible 200 feet to the rear.
(d) Obey traffic laws applicable to motor vehicles.
(e) Cycle on approved routes only.
(f) Ride as far to the right as safely possible.
(g) Use appropriate hand and arm signals for slowing, stopping, and turning.
(h) Riders must enter through gates 1, 2, 4, & 5.
(i) Groups will ride with no more than two riders abreast.
(j) Bicycle races and rallies must be approved by the Garrison Commander, Fort Jackson.
For more information or questions, please contact Marion Street Station +1 (803)751-3484.
Monday 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.; Tuesday - Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.; closed Sunday.
Disclaimer - Release and Hold Harmless/Cyclist Membership Agreement
"I acknowledge that cycling has inerrant risks due to its environment and agree on my behalf, my heirs, executors and administrators to indemnify and hold harmless and to release the United States, its officers, agents employees and instrumentalities from any and all claims for injuries to myself or to the other persons and for any property damages which may result while I am cycling on Fort Jackson, SC. I agree that I will pay annual membership fees for the privilege to cycle on Fort Jackson, SC. I understand that at any time my cycling privilege may be terminated/revoked without a refund due to my conduct or policy changes on Fort Jackson, SC.”
- Tips and Clips
Steps for hooking up water, electric, and sewer connections at a campsite.
Geocaching is an outdoor recreational activity, in which participants use a Global Positioning System receiver or mobile device and other navigational techniques to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches", at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.
Our Outdoor Recreation associates demonstrate how to attach and operate a 6'x12' dump trailer.
- RV Storage Lot
Family Morale, Welfare, and Recreation, FMWR, has established a temporary Recreation Vehicle Storage area in the parking lot of 2031 Wheeler St. for a monthly fee to all eligible patrons to include Soldiers, Family Member, Retirees, and Civilians. Parking spaces have been individually identified numerically by a lot number in each space.
Cost is $65 per month, due by the 1st of each month.
Registration and occupancy of these RV storage spaces is available on a first come, first serve basis to eligible Fort Jackson patrons and will be managed by Outdoor Recreation at Marion St Station. Call +1 (803) 751-3484 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking to do some outdoor activities like, kayaking, canoeing, or boating? Marion Street Station can meet most of your needs. We have party supplies for graduations, cookouts, or family gatherings, such as tables, chairs, canopies, coolers, propane gas grills and charcoal grills.