- Vanguard Gym Reopening Details
We’ve missed you!
Racquetball courts remain closed. Maximum capacity for all gyms is 50.
Please observe the following rules when visiting the gyms and fitness center.
- You must bring/wear your own PPE. Masks must be worn while walking around the facility but you may remove during your exercises.
- No more than 1 hour of work out time per patron.
- Please observe the maximum safe capacity for social distancing at each facility. (Posted at facility.) Once capacity is reached, patrons will only be allowed in as each patron leaves (one out = one in).
- 100% ID Check
- 100% sign-in and sig-out required
- Stay 6 Feet Apart
- Sanitize equipment after each use.
- Showers and saunas are closed.
Please note: For the safety of our customers and staff each facility will be closed 3 times a day for deep cleaning: After morning active duty PT, after lunch, and at closing. Regular cleaning will be completed every hour. Locker rooms and latrines are cleaned every hour on the hour.
- Vanguard Gym Offers
Vanguard Gym offers:
- 2 racquetball courts (closed until further notice)
- Hoist and Hammer strength equipment
- Free weights
- Cardiovascular equipment to include new Life Fitness treadmills, Life Fitness elliptical cross trainers and exercise bikes.
- Eligibility and Swipe Cards
You must be an eligible ID card holder or guest to utilize any of the fitness centers or gymnasiums on Fort Jackson. Eligible ID card holders are one of the following: Active duty military, retired military, reserve military, DA civilian employees, including NAF Civilian employees, Army contract employees and age appropriate family members.
All Fort Jackson MWR users will be requested to fill out a “MWR Application”.
- All the MWR Community Recreation Division (CRD) Activities such as Gymnasiums, Pools, Outdoor Recreation facilities, Libraries, Miniature Golf, and Victory Travel will be set up with computerized swipers to count your visit.
- These swipers will capture the mandatory data for annual reports and justify the appropriate funding needed to run the facilities and/or activities. Information submitted on the applications by MWR patrons and their families will be set up in a “household” database. All information will be processed in a timely and secured manner not to effect participation at any of the CRD Activities. After the household is set up the MWR patron can swipe into any facility with his Military ID, CAC or any issued MWR card. MWR will make this as easy for the customer as possible.
Thanking all MWR customers in advance for their patronage.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5 a.m. - 7 a.m. (Active Duty Only) 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 a.m. - 7 a.m. (Active Duty Only) 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 a.m. - 7 a.m. (Active Duty Only) 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 a.m. - 7 a.m. (Active Duty Only) 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m. - 7 a.m. (Active Duty Only) 7 a.m. - 8 p.m.|
|Saturday||11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
|Sunday||11:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.|