Army Community Service (ACS)
- ACS services are currently provided telephonically and through virtual means
Army Community Service (ACS)
Army Community Service (ACS) is currently providing services telephonically and through virtual means, +1 (803)751-5256, Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Limited services are provided onsite, by appointment only
Provides emergency financial
- Any in-person service requires face coverings usage when six feet of social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Staff will engage in enhanced cleaning/sanitizing of spaces
assistance to active and retired Service members and their Families.Victim Advocates maintain a 24-hour support line
+1 (803)429-4870Lending Closet curb-side services are provided on-site and by appointment only
Information & Referral
- Provides timely, comprehensive information on military & community resources
Family Advocacy Program
- Provides prevention and intervention services to help strengthen relationships of Army
Families Exceptional Family Member Program
- Provides comprehensive support to Family members with special needs.
Financial Readiness Program
- Provides comprehensive financial education and counseling services & emergency financial assistance
Relocation Readiness Program
- Provides a comprehensive support system, to assist Soldiers, and Family members with relocating
Army Volunteer Corps
- Provides assistance locating volunteer opportunities with organizations that benefit the Army community
Employment Readiness Support
- Provides resources to help with your career plan and job search
Survivor Outreach Service Support
- Provides support to Survivors of Fallen Soldiers
- ACS Mission
The mission of ACS is to facilitate the commander's ability to provide comprehensive, standardized, coordinated and responsive services that support Soldiers, Department of the Army civilians, and Families regardless of geographical location and to maximize technology and resources, eliminate duplication in service delivery and measure service effectiveness.
ACS Motto: “REAL-LIFE SOLUTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL ARMY LIVING”
ACS Vision: Self-sufficient Families, safe homes and cohesive communities, and enhanced readiness.
- ACS Programs and Services
ACS invites you into a world of education, opportunity and discovery while offering programs and services that promote self-reliance, resilience, and stability during war and peace.
The many programs and services ACS has to offer can also be viewed in the Community Support tab.
- Financial Readiness Program provides information on money matters and consumer affairs.
- Relocation Readiness Program provides comprehensive support system, to assist Soldiers and Family Members with relocating.
- Volunteer Services is designed to help you find local volunteering opportunities with organizations that benefit the Army community.
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP) provides education, advocacy, parenting, and resources for Military Families.
- Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) provides comprehensive support to Family Members with special needs.
- Employment Readiness offers resources to help Military Spouses career planning and job search.
- New Parent Support Program promotes healthy Families through a variety of services including home visits, support groups, and parenting classes.
- Victim Advocacy Program is a specialized function within FAP providing comprehensive assistance and liaison to and for victims of spouse/intimate partner abuse.
- Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) program that provides support, information, and services to survivng Family Members of Soldiers who died on Active Duty.
- Mobilization, Deployment and Support Stability Operations helps support community readiness during deployments and emergencies.
- Information and Referral
"Bringing Soldiers and Services Together"
Community Information & Referral is the key source of integrated information that brings Soldiers and services together every day with ease and compassion to meet the vital needs of all Soldiers, Department of Army Civilians, Retiree’s, and their Families. Our vision is for all people to have easy access to information and services provided in our Community.
Information and Referral serves as the central distribution point for ACS information, programs, and services. Upcoming events and activities are distributed through the information and referral program. Individual and Family assessments are conducted to ensure appropriate assistance or referrals are provided. In addition, we maintain an extensive resource file of local public, private and voluntary agencies, and organizations to assist individuals and Families with getting the support they need.
Make Army Community Service your first stop when you arrive at Fort Jackson. We provide information, referrals, and resources designed to help Soldiers and their families thrive during their tour here.
For additional information, contact Army Community Service center and ask for the Information and Referral program.
Helpful Phone Numbers and Websites:
Program Phone Website ACS Information and Referral +1 (803)751-5256 http://jackson.armymwr.com/programs/army United Way call 2-1-1, or +1 (866)892-2911 www.sc211.org Military One Source +1 (800)342-9647 www.militaryonesource.com National Red Cross +1 (877)272-7337 www.redcross.org AER National Headquarters +1 (866)878-6378 www.aerhq.org Veteran’s Affairs Regional Office +1 (800)827-1000 www.columbiasc.va.gov Columbia VA Health Care System +1 (803)255-4255 www.columbiasc.va.gov Ft. Jackson Post Locator (Phone Directory) +1 (803)751-7511 https://home.army.mil/jackson/index.php/contact/phonebook
- SFRG Informal Funds Fundraiser Approval Form
Hours of Operation
|Monday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Tuesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Thursday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Friday||7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|