- Provides timely, comprehensive information on military & community resources
- Provides prevention and intervention services to help strengthen relationships of Army
- Provides comprehensive support to Family members with special needs.
- Provides comprehensive financial education and counseling services & emergency financial assistance
- Provides a comprehensive support system, to assist Soldiers, and Family members with relocating
- Provides assistance locating volunteer opportunities with organizations that benefit the Army community
- Provides resources to help with your career plan and job search
- Provides support to Survivors of Fallen Soldiers
- ACS Mission
ACS delivers consistent and comprehensive prevention, life skills, response and transition services through an integrated system tailored to foster the Army's commitment to maximize Soldier, Family and Civilian adaptability and self-reliance.
ACS Motto: “REAL-LIFE SOLUTIONS FOR SUCCESSFUL ARMY LIVING”
ACS Vision: ACS serves as the commander's community integrator providing premier services that enhance readiness and self-sufficiency across the Army Family.
- ACS Programs and Services
ACS invites you into a world of education, opportunity and discovery while offering programs and services that promote self-reliance, resilience, and stability during war and peace.
The many programs and services ACS has to offer can also be viewed in the Community Support tab.
- Financial Readiness Program provides information on money matters and consumer affairs.
- Relocation Readiness Program provides comprehensive support system, to assist Soldiers and Family Members with relocating.
- Volunteer Services is designed to help you find local volunteering opportunities with organizations that benefit the Army community.
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP) provides education, advocacy, parenting, and resources for Military Families.
- Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP) provides comprehensive support to Family Members with special needs.
- Employment Readiness offers resources to help Military Spouses career planning and job search.
- New Parent Support Program promotes healthy Families through a variety of services including home visits, support groups, and parenting classes.
- Victim Advocacy Program is a specialized function within FAP providing comprehensive assistance and liaison to and for victims of spouse/intimate partner abuse.
- Survivor Outreach Services (SOS) program that provides support, information, and services to survivng Family Members of Soldiers who died on Active Duty.
- Mobilization, Deployment and Support Stability Operations helps support community readiness during deployments and emergencies.
- Information and Referral
"Bringing Soldiers and Services Together"
Community Information & Referral is the key source of integrated information that brings Soldiers and services together every day with ease and compassion to meet the vital needs of all Soldiers, Department of Army Civilians, Retiree’s, and their Families. Our vision is for all people to have easy access to information and services provided in our Community.
Information and Referral serves as the central distribution point for ACS information, programs, and services. Upcoming events and activities are distributed through the information and referral program. Individual and Family assessments are conducted to ensure appropriate assistance or referrals are provided. In addition, we maintain an extensive resource file of local public, private and voluntary agencies, and organizations to assist individuals and Families with getting the support they need.
Make Army Community Service your first stop when you arrive at Fort Jackson. We provide information, referrals, and resources designed to help Soldiers and their families thrive during their tour here.
For additional information, contact Army Community Service center and ask for the Information and Referral program.
Helpful Phone Numbers and Websites:
Program Phone Website ACS Information and Referral +1 (803)751-5256 http://jackson.armymwr.com/programs/army United Way call 2-1-1, or +1 (866)892-2911 www.sc211.org Military One Source +1 (800)342-9647 www.militaryonesource.com National Red Cross +1 (877)272-7337 www.redcross.org AER National Headquarters +1 (866)878-6378 www.aerhq.org Veteran’s Affairs Regional Office +1 (800)827-1000 www.columbiasc.va.gov Columbia VA Health Care System +1 (803)255-4255 www.columbiasc.va.gov Ft. Jackson Post Locator (Phone Directory) +1 (803)751-7511 https://home.army.mil/jackson/index.php/contact/phonebook
- SFRG Informal Funds Fundraiser Approval Form
Army Community Service (ACS)
Army Community Service (ACS) provides the services below and appointments can be made by calling +1 (803)751-5256, Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Provides emergency financial
assistance to active and retired Service members and their Families.
Victim Advocates maintain a 24-hour support line
Lending Closet curb-side services are provided on-site and by appointment only
Information & Referral
Family Advocacy Program
Families Exceptional Family Member Program
Financial Readiness Program
Relocation Readiness Program
Army Volunteer Corps
Employment Readiness Support
Survivor Outreach Service Support